Thursday 4 July 2013

Liebster Award

I was fortunate enough to come home from school yesterday and see that the lovely Paula had nominated me for a Liebster award!
 
The Rules:
You must link the person who nominated you.
You must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee.
You must pick 10 bloggers with under 200 followers to be nominated for the award.
You must come up with 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
You must go to their blogs and notify your nominees.

Here are my answers to Paula's questions:

What are the best and worst foundations you have ever used and why?
As I've been wearing makeup less than a year I haven't had the opportunity to try many foundations however one of the best I've tried is the Bourjois Healthy Mix serum. I have done a full review which you can see HERE. One of the worst I have ever tried has to be Natural Collection's tinted moisturiser. What. Was. I. Thinking. Let's just say it was slightly orange...

What is your favourite nail polish brand and why?
Probably Topshop! The formula is really long lasting on my nails, the colour range is great and the packaging is gorgeous!

 Are you a drug store girl or high end?
About 90% of my makeup is drugstore (I feel so American saying that!) and I think most of my favourite products are from there! Occasionally I will splurge on YSL or MAC but all in all I prefer drugstore.
 
 What is your favourite cosmetic brand and why?
My favourite makeup brand is Topshop (surprise surprise)! The quality is far beyond the price and I think there range of lip products is great!

 How many blog posts, do you post a week?
I try to do a post once a day, but it ends up to be about five times a week.
 
 Who is your favourite beauty you tuber/guru and why?
I love Zoella, although let's be honest, who doesn't? I've been reading her blog for about a year and watching her videos for about 8 months. Her posts are very original and she is probably the only blogger that I will read EVERY post she does.
 
 The best and worst thing about blogging and why?
I love blogger twitter chats! I participate in the #fblchat and #bbloggers chat and its great to find ways to improve your blog. One of the best parts of blogging so far was when I got my first follower and she left a really nice comment on my blog. It just lifted my spirits and made me really motivated!
 
Without trying to be negative, the worst thing is probably people asking for 'follow for a follow' or similar. I usually will click on the link of a commenter but when they comment things like that I don't bother. I'd rather have 5 followers who actually enjoyed reading my blog than 1000 who only followed because I followed them.  
 
 Which beauty regime do you find to be a chore and why? 
Probably plucking my eyebrows! It hurts and you have to be precise!
 
 If you could work for one cosmetic brand, which would you choose and why?
I'd probably chose Soap and Glory as I think they have a fantastic range of products which I've been buying for years. Their cosmetic range is brilliant and they just seem like such a lovely brand to work for.
 
 What is your favourite shade of lipstick?
Definitely a tough one, but I'm probably going to have to say Corail Incandescent by YSL in the Rouge Volupte Shine range. It's a gorgeous red-y coral and I've done a full review which you can read HERE.

Here are my 10 nominees (I went by Bloglovin' followers):

Emily at Freckles and Flaws
Dannii at What I Call Beautiful
Elle at ElleLouisee
Amy at Amy Jane Alice
Megan at Life and Lipsticks
Lauren at Mega Beauty
Belle at Mascaras and Maltesers
Chloe at Chloe Witty
Alexandra at Lipsticks and Heels
Jessica at Coffee and Cosmetics

Here are my 10 questions:
How did you choose the name of your blog?
Why did you start a blog, did anyone inspire you?
How long have you been blogging for?
What is your favourite high end cosmetics brand and why?
What is your favourite high street cosmetics brand and why?
What is your favourite mascara of all time?
Who is your favourite blogger or youtuber and why?
What do you look for in a blog?
What is your favourite fashion item at the moment?
Which is your favourite shop on the high street and why?

So, there you go folks! Hope you enjoyed!
xxx
 


4 comments :

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I read and appreciate every single comment (more than chocolate) and try to always reply. I also love finding new blogs, so leave your link and i'll check out your blog! xx